How do I add paddocks by importing shapefiles?
Bulk upload paddocks to your operation using the shapefiles import functionality to view your historical and in-season satellite imagery in order to track paddock conditions and make informed management decisions.
- An active Granular Insights account.
- Shapefiles in .shp, .shx, and .dbf file formats.
- Shapefiles in correct file formats compressed into a zip file (Windows or Mac).
- Importing shapefiles can only be done on the web.
Process - Web
- Login to the Granular Insights website.
- From the Paddocks list in the left navigation menu, click Upload a Shapefile.
- Click Select a zip file on your computer to open the dialog box and select the zipped file to import.
- Select the zipped file to import and click Open.
- Click Upload.
- Click Next: Map Data.
- Select the column name that corresponds to the paddock name and click Next: Review Paddocks.
- Select the paddocks to be imported, or click the box in the upper left corner to select all the paddocks. If needed, updated paddock names to how they should appear in Granular Insights.
- Click Save and Add Selected.
- To upload more paddocks, click Upload More Paddocks and restart the process at step 3. If complete, click Finish and View Paddocks.
- The imported fields will appear in the Paddock list.