How do I add fields by importing shapefiles?
Bulk upload fields to your operation using the shapefile import functionality. Track field conditions and make informed management decisions by adding fields to your operation to view your historical and in-season satellite imagery.
- Access to a computer - shapefiles can only be imported by accessing Granular Insights on the web
- An active Granular Insights account
- Shapefiles in .shp, .shx, and .dbf file formats compressed into a zip file (Windows or Mac)
Process - Web
- Log in to Granular Insights for Canada at https://ca.insights.granular.ag.
- In the Field List on the left navigation menu, click Add Field.
- Under the Add a Field title, click the link to upload field boundaries.
- Click Select a zip file on your computer to open the dialog box.
- Find the zip file on your computer that contains your shapefiles. Select the zip folder and click Open to import it.
- Click Upload.
- Click Next: Map Data.
- Select the column name that corresponds to the field name and click Next: Review Fields.
- Select the fields to be imported, or click the box in the upper left corner to select all the fields. If needed, update the field names so they appear as they should in Granular Insights. Click Save and Add Selected.
- To upload additional fields, click Upload More Fields and restart the process at step 3. If complete, click Finish and View Fields.
- The imported fields will appear in the Field List.