How do I use the imagery timeline?
Navigate through a timeline to easily view current and historical images captured for your fields.
- An active Granular Insights account
- Active internet connection
- Fields enrolled in Directed Scouting
Process - Web
- Log in to Granular Insights for Canada at https://ca.insights.granular.ag.
- In the Field List, click on one of your fields that has been enrolled in Directed Scouting.
- Ensure either the Vegetation Index or True Colour (satellite) map layer is selected for your field (drop-down menu at the top of the screen).
- Scroll along the timeline located at the bottom of the screen to view dates that have available satellite imagery.
- Use the Jump To drop-down menu to quickly move along the timeline to a specific period of time.
- Check the box on the timeline to display cloud-free days only. If you would like to see images captured on cloudy days, uncheck this box.
Process - Mobile
- Log in to your Granular Insights Mobile App.
- From your Field List, select one of your fields that has been enrolled in Directed Scouting.
- On the map page, your field will default to the boundary layer. Click Boundary and select either True Colour Satellite or Vegetation Index from the Select layers screen.
- Select the date below your field to bring up the imagery timeline. Select any date from the timeline to view the imagery for that day.
- To view imagery captured on cloudy days, you will need to change your account settings to view imagery for all days. Once enabled, imagery for cloudy days will appear on the timeline with a cloud icon under the date to indicate that the image was captured on a cloudy day.