How do I add a planting plan to my operation?
Field planning has never been easier. In Granular Insights, you can enter planting plans which can be quickly referenced all season long on the web or mobile app!
You can select from over 100 different crops to assign to your fields and can do detailed field planning for corn, soybeans, cotton, canola, alfalfa, sorghum, sunflowers and wheat. This includes setting the planned seed variety, seeding rate and seed treatment.
- A Granular Insights operation with field boundaries
- An active internet connection
Process - Web
- Log in to Granular Insights for Canada at https://ca.insights.granular.ag.
- Click Activities on the left sidebar navigation menu.
- Find the field where you would like to add a planned planting activity. There are multiple ways you can add an activity:
- Click Add Variety
- Click the word Activities at the right side of the screen to expand the activities view for that field and click Planting
- In the Add Planting Activity screen, set the crop type, planned planting date, variety, seeding rate and/or seed treatment.
- You can add more than one variety to the field by clicking + Add Variety
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps above for all fields you'd like to plan.
Fields can be planned individually or in bulk. To apply a field plan to multiple fields at the same time, click the checkbox next to the fields you'd like to bulk add a plan to. From the bulk action menu at the bottom of the screen, click Add Activity and select the Planting option. From there, follow steps 4-5 above.
As you enter field plans for your operation, you can use the colour-coded crop legend at the top of the screen to easily keep track of the number of acres and percentage of your operation planned for each crop.
You can also view a summary of your field plans by clicking on Planned Product Summary at the top right corner of the page.
Note: at this time, field plans can only be entered using Granular Insights on the web. However, all field plans are viewable on the Granular Insights mobile app.
To view a list of field plans on the mobile app, log in to the Granular Insights mobile app and click on the field with the plan you would like to view. Click Activities at the top of the field. You will now see a list of all activities created for that field.