Field Management: Archiving and Deleting Fields
Archive fields not actively farmed during the current crop season. Unlike deleting a field, archiving fields maintains all field activity data for use in calculations on the Summary and Insights pages. Deleting a field will remove all activity data and notes across crop years, including machine data. Archived fields will appear at the bottom of the operation's field list under the "Archived Fields" section so you can unarchive the field at any time.
- A Granular Insights account with admin, advisor or editor role for the operation
- Active boundaries in Granular Insights
- Log in to Granular Insights for Canada at https://ca.insights.granular.ag.
- From the field list on the Map tab, select the field you want to archive.
- Click on Edit Field.
- At the bottom of the page, select Archive or Delete Field.
- A popup window will appear allowing you to confirm your selection. Click on Archive Field.
- Note: Follow these same steps to Delete or Unarchive a field. Simply click on Delete Field or Unarchive Field instead.
When you archive a field, you cannot create any activities (plans, manually entered data, machine data) for that field at the time it was archived. For example: if a field was archived in 2021 and unarchived in 2022, you would not be able to upload 2021 machine data for that field. You would be able to upload machine data for 2020 or 2022, since the field was not archived at that time.