How do I use lasso for sub field analysis?
With lasso, you can quickly evaluate the agronomic and financial impact of your in-season decisions at the sub field level. Using Granular Insights on the web, take your analysis one step further and use a side-by-side comparison to easily compare an area of your field across different map layers. Lasso is a great way to dig deeper and gain further insights into field performance.
- Be a member of a Granular Insights operation with field boundaries
- Have planting and/or harvest machine data or imagery on your operation
Process - Web
- Log in to Granular Insights for Canada at https://ca.insights.granular.ag.
- From the Map tab, click on the field in the Field List that you would like to work with.
- From there, select the year/crop and map layer you are interested in viewing and click the Lasso button at the top right corner of the map.
- You will now see the drawing tools on the map. You have four different tools available to help draw the desired area on your field:
- Add freeform
- Add polygon
- Add circle
- Add rectangle
- Once you have drawn the sub field shape, the activity details information on the left side of the screen will display values specifically for the area you have drawn.
Once you have drawn a sub field shape, you can toggle between the different map layers to learn more about the agronomic and financial results for that specific area. You can also use the Compare Layers view to see two different map layers side-by-side.