Adding farms, fields, and boundaries with shapefiles
Bulk upload fields to your operation using the shapefiles import functionality to view your historical and in-season satellite imagery in order to track field conditions and make informed management decisions.
- An active Granular Insights account.
- Shapefiles in .shp, .shx, and .dbf file formats.
- Shapefiles in correct file formats compressed into a zip file (Windows or Mac).
- Importing shapefiles can only be done on the web.
How-to on Web
- Login to the Granular Insights website.
- From the Fields list in the left navigation menu, click Upload a Shapefile. Upload Shapefile will appear there if you have never uploaded any fields. If you already have fields in your field list click Add Field at the bottom of field list.
- Click Select a zip file on your computer to open the dialog box and select the zipped file to import.
- Select the zipped file to import and click Open.
- Click Upload.
- Click Next: Map Data.
- Select the column name that corresponds to the field name and farm name and click Next: Review Fields.
- Select the fields to be imported, or click the box in the upper left corner to select all the fields. If needed, update field names to how they should appear in Granular Insights.
- Click Save and Add Selected.
- To upload more fields, click Upload More Fields and restart the process at step 3. If complete, click Finish and View Fields.
- The imported fields will appear in the Field List.
How do I create a Granular Insights account?
How do I add fields to my operation in Granular Insights?
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful