December 19' Release
Data Analysis Tools
U.S Corn and Soybean farmers can now utilize their machine data for Harvest and Planting to analyze their operation. This expands the layers available in Field Details and also includes the addition of the Summary & Insights Tab for a look across the entire Operation. More detail is listed below.
Field Details: Expanded Layer Visibility:
The launch of the Analysis Features includes the addition of (9) new layers available on Field Details for web and mobile. Layers are only available for U.S users. Layers will appear disabled if data is not available for a given layer and year. Layers are available to all users who have uploaded machine data.
|Harvest Layer||As-Planted Layer||Financials Layer||Basics|
|Yield (bu/ac)||Hybrid||Revenue ($/ac.)||Soil Map|
|Moisture (%)||Seeding Rate||Seed Cost|
|Planting Date||Return on Seed ($/ac.)|
Visualizations of each layer, a legend and data about each layer are available to help users with analysis. For example, average yield, average moisture, harvest date, total harvested, total bushels and financial data are available for harvest yield in addition to the map visualization and legend. Available in web and mobile version.
Summary Tab: Operation Level Analysis (Web):
The launch of the Analysis Features includes the ability for farmers to analyze their data at the operation level in the Summary Tab. Farmers can organize their data by Crop - Year and choose which attributes they want to analyze, as well as sort by Field, Soil, and Hybrid.
Financial Permissions/Operation Settings:
Financial permissions allows our farmers to have trust that their financial data is only being viewed by those with explicit permission. Administrators for an operation have access to all information. Editor's and Viewers can gain access to Financial information from an Administrator. After inviting an individual to their operation, they grant Financial Access.
For users with Financial and Editor Permissions, they will be able to change the crop seed price for the operation.
- Crop Price editing allows the user to enter their own price, or they can default to the December Futures Price from Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT).
- Seed Price editing allows the user to enter their own price by Hybrid or they can default to the Granular Benchmarked Average.
The Insights tab unlocks powerful data analysis for a farmer and is where Granular Insights gets its name. Using the Harvest Moisture Insight, a farmer can see the impact of yield across different moisture levels, as well as the most common moisture levels at harvest. With this information, farmers can make strategic decisions about harvest timing to maximize yield, determine drying capacity requirements, and optimize storage. Insights based on Planting Date, Seeding Rate, and Nitrogen Use Efficiency are in development and will be released in 2020.
Data & Integrations:
The Data tab offers three options for importing boundaries, farms, and field activities from equipment and farming software. Each option supports 2016 through current year. (Currently only planting and harvest will surface in Insights)
Software Connection to John Deere Operation Center:
- Creating a connection to the John Deere Operations Center will import multiple years of field activities, and include boundaries if they exist. New with this connection is the ability to receive post-calibration and product name changes when a user makes updates in the Operation Center. Must be an admin to connect.
Migrate historical data from Corteva Fields (formally known as Encirca):
- Creating a Corteva connection is a simple way for users with Corteva tools to import multiple years of boundaries and field activities. Growers can be confident in the quality of their data as it has been reviewed by their Pioneer Advisor. Must be an admin to connect.
Import files via USB from the 9+ planting and yield monitor brands:
- For all other data, Granular offers file upload. File upload is an easy way to import field records directly from the planting or yield monitor with a USB. Must be an admin or editor to upload files. File uploads will override duplicate John Deere and Corteva field data.
- The following monitor brands are supported
- AgCo, AgLeader, Claas, CNH, John Deere, Oxbo, Precision Planting, Raven, Trimble
In addition to the layers described above, 1.6.0 for iOS and Android introduces:
- Compare map layers
- Display and Assign Farm Name
- Offline Sync of layers and data
- Performance Updates