Getting Started: Setting up your free Granular Insights account
Welcome to Granular Insights! Whether you are the first person within your operation to sign up or a new member on an existing operation, this article will help you understand the fastest way to get the most value out of Granular Insights using key features. This will not cover everything, but it will cover the basics to get you started on the right track.
Where to start?
- Adding your Fields can be done 3 different ways. Import your shape-files, click on CLU's to claim your field, or manually draw/edit your field boundaries. If you do not have boundaries, when loading your field ops data, boundaries will be created for you.
- Importing your Field Ops Data can also occur via 3 different methods. The best data connection would be via your JD Op Center account if you have one. The current options to get data in are to connect your JD Op Center account, upload a .zip file of your raw machine data, or work with your Pioneer sales representative to create a connection to Corteva Fields.
- Collaborating with your team and trusted advisors only takes a few clicks to add team members! Be sure to add your agronomist, scouts and others you work with throughout the season.
- Don't forget to download the mobile app, iOS or Android, to access your fields where you go. Being able to access your information via your phone while you are on the go will be a great addition to managing your operation.
Let your machine data work for you! Make decisions and adjust management practices based on what your data is telling you.
Get answers from your data leveraging Granular Insights
- How do the hybrids I planted this year compare on yield, cost, return on seed, and overall revenue?
- Which field yielded the highest?
- Which hybrid had the highest return per acre?
- For my operation, what Harvest Moisture yielded the highest?
- Which hybrid cost the most per acre?
- What was the average harvest moisture for your corn/soybeans this year?
- What soil type yielded the highest?
Data Analysis Tools used to the fullest!
Map (learn more)
View the entire list of fields for an operation and boundary locations from an aerial view. Add or bulk edit all fields from this section. Select an individual field to view all Agronomic and Financial layers for all years for that individual field.
Summary (learn more)
For a given year and crop, you can view either an agronomic or financial breakdown at a Field, Soils (SSURGO), or Hybrid level.
- Agronomic summaries can be viewed by Yield, Harvest Moisture, Seeding Rate.
- Financials summaries can be viewed by Revenue, Seed Cost, Return on Seed.
Insights (learn more)
View Insights and breakdowns for different attributes and how they performed on a per acre basis across the entire operation.
- Harvest Moisture
- Planting Date (Coming Soon)
- Seeding Rate (Coming Soon)
- Nitrogen Use Efficiency (Coming Soon)
Data (learn more)
Seamlessly upload data (.zip or 7z Files) or add a connection such as My John Deere. View the complete history of uploaded data.
Do you have Granular Insights + Directed Scouting too? Check out more on Directed Scouting!