August Release: Upload and connect data to Granular Insights once to view in all your Corteva Tools
Now, it’s easier than ever to upload your data, and view it where you need it most. Whether you are uploading data in Granular Insights or Corteva Fields, upload once and access from your tool of choice:
- With a one-time opt in from Granular Insights, planting, harvest, and application files uploaded in Granular Insights will flow automatically to other Corteva digital tools (instructions below).
- Planting, harvest, and application files uploaded to Corteva Fields will flow automatically to Granular Insights, when a connection exists.
- Note: only files uploaded to Corteva Fields after May 15, 2020, will be sent to Granular Insights
- If you’ve edited data in your Granular Insights account, don’t worry -- any edited or post-calibrated data is protected from being automatically overwritten by any new duplicate data.
To get started,
1. Ensure Corteva connection has been made by navigating to the Data tab, and looking for the Corteva Logo under “Current Connections”
- If Corteva displays under “Add New Connections,” check out this Help Center Article to get started.
2. Click the Corteva logo. On the “Your Corteva Connection” screen, check the “Send Field Data” box corresponding to the operation(s) from which you would like to send data from Granular Insights to Corteva Fields.
- Accounts are set as a default to be unchecked, meaning data will not flow from Granular Insights to Corteva Fields until you opt-in by checking the box. After opting-in, you can opt-out at any time to prevent future data uploaded to Granular Insights from flowing to Corteva Fields.
3. Once opted-in, all files uploaded to Granular Insights for the given operation will be sent to Corteva for processing. Please allow up to 24-48 hours for all data to process and display in Corteva Fields. Moving forward, data will be sent to Corteva Fields every time you upload files to Granular for the selected operation. Please allow up to 24 hours for data to appear in both systems.
- This does not apply to data coming from the John Deere wireless data transfer connections.
Enhancements to Manual Data Upload
If data doesn’t properly display when you manually upload files, we’ve updated the error messages to be more specific to help you troubleshoot. Check out this Help Center Article on uploading data for more details. Additionally, if you are uploading Gen4 files from a John Deere monitor and you are missing actual rates, Granular Insights will now import your planned or prescribed rates for data completeness.
If you are uploading data and something’s still not quite right, please contact us and our team is happy to assist.
These enhancements are available for US corn and soybean farmers.