December 2021 | Release Notes
New and improved features, updates, and enhancements in Granular Insights - we've been working hard on our planning and activities management capabilities.
Missing a machine data file or need a way to manually add your field activities?
You can now manually enter completed planting and harvest activities for corn and soybeans on fields for which you don’t have any machine data, or when your machine data isn’t a solid source of truth. Quickly and easily view field performance and profitability so you know how your agronomic and in-field decisions impact your bottom line.
Get a full picture of field performance by manually entering planting and harvest data on the Activities tab. Want a more visual view of your planned and completed activities? On the Map tab select an Activities layer to see the new Activity Details page.
Map Based Planting Plan Report
This new report gives you a field-level view of your planting plans, complete with a field map.
Keep a copy of this report in each tractor cab or pickup so you can jot down what actually went on in the field during planting. Quickly capture:
- Planting actuals (planting date, product, planting conditions, and seeding rate)
- Application actuals (application date, product, application rate, EPA registration info, applicator ID, and weather conditions)
Take this report back to the office in order to cross-reference later with machine data or for manual data entry.
- Pro tip: Snap a photo and attach it to the field you're working as a note and you won’t have to worry about losing your record.
Quickly find recommended planter settings & get updated product information
We’re streamlining your access to product info and recommended planter settings by adding the Digital Bag Tag barcode scanner to the Granular Insights mobile app (under the “Product Tools” tab). Pull up the recommended planter settings and product profile information for Pioneer® brand corn or sunflower hybrids by scanning the barcode on your bag of seed or entering the batch ID number.
- Access to recommended planter settings for your specific hybrid
Build crop plans more efficiently
Save time with field planning by setting a favorite seeding rate and/or seed treatment by product. Once you’ve selected a product and entered a seeding rate or seed treatment, click the star icon next to the rate or treatment to set it as a favorite. The next time you plan or enter completed planting activities for this product, your favorite rate/treatment will automatically populate.
Tips for success:
- Favorite seeding rate and seed treatment are set by product and can be adjusted field by field, if needed. The most recent seeding rate or seed treatment that has been favorited will be the new favorite seeding rate and treatment.
- Favorites can be set when editing, or when adding new activities
Establish multiple connections to the John Deere Operations Center per user
Custom operators and families that farm together while using different John Deere organizations are now able to establish more than one connection to the John Deere Operations Center per user.