How do I plan my fields from a map view?
Granular Insights has made field planning easier! You can enter your planting plans individually or in bulk, from a map-based view, straight from the Map tab. Set your planned seed variety, seeding rate and seed treatment so you can quickly reference your field plans all season long on the web or mobile app! Select from over 100 different crops to assign to your fields and do detailed field planning for corn, soybeans, canola, wheat, alfalfa, sunflowers, sorghum and cotton.
- Admin, advisor or editor permissions on an active Granular Insights operation with mapped fields
- An active internet connection
Web - Process
- Log in to Granular Insights https://us.insights.granular.ag.
- On the left navigation menu, select Map to view your Field List.
- From the drop-down menu under Fields select 2022 Crop Season.
- At this time, you can only plan for the 2022 season from the Map tab.
- Your field list will be sorted alphabetically, by crop assignment. If no crops are assigned they will be listed as Unassigned.
- You can either select the checkbox next to the field name on the Field List or click the field boundary from the map to bring up the bulk action bar.
- This process can also be completed in bulk. Simply click multiple checkboxes or select multiple field boundaries from the map to bring up the bulk action bar.
- If only one field is selected, clicking the View Field option takes you to field details.
- From the bulk action bar you can either select Add Crop to assign a crop or Add Activity to create a field plan.
- In the Add Planting Activity screen, set the crop, planned planting date (optional), variety, seeding rate and/or seed treatment.
- You can add more than one variety to the field by clicking + Add Variety
- By selecting the star next to seeding rate or seed treatment this sets the rates and treatments as favorites for the selected variety for the operation.
- When you’ve entered your crop or activity, click Save.
As you enter field plans for your operation, you can use the color-coded crop legend at the bottom of the screen to easily reference your crop assignments.
- Once a crop or activity has been assigned to a field, adding another activity will create an additional row under that field that can be viewed and edited in the Activities tab.
- Although you can add multiple crops to one field, at this time, you cannot indicate where each crop is placed on a field.